Sudan invites tenders for consultants for solar PV irrigation venture

The authorities of Sudan has launched tender looking for consultants to assist in the implementation of an irrigation venture in the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The venture includes set up of 1,a hundred and seventy solar irrigation pumps in the nation. Successful consultants will provide engineering and supervision services, design of solar water pumping systems, based on the necessities of every farm.
Fortune may even provide help to the irrigation challenge implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works related to the installation and commissioning of the photo voltaic pumps. The companies will also assist the challenge implementation unit through technical and financial supervision to ensure that all works are carried out according to the contract specs. The consultants will also take part in the development activities and within the implementation of the project’s environmental and social administration plan.
Read:Optimising efficiency of solar-powered pumping methods
Erratic rainfall
The photo voltaic pumps might be put in in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states where erratic rainfall is mostly experienced due to the arid climate and local weather change, with a adverse impact on agricultural yields, according to the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
The new tools might be used to pump groundwater. In addition to food safety, the venture aims to scale back farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are dangerous to human health and the surroundings. Interested corporations have till September 14th, 2021 to apply.
The irrigation project is 75% financed by a $21.7 million mortgage from the African Development Bank (AfDB). Discount remaining 25% shall be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African institution signifies that the installation of the photo voltaic pumps will be completed by December thirty first, 2025.
Share

Leave a Comment